UPDATE:

Hello - I'm a bit behind because my job has me out of town but I will be updating with more recipes very soon. Thank you for your patience.

Weekly Sustenence Chef (2/28/2009)

UPDATE: I'm just two weeks behind now (If you count this week). Hang in there!

UPDATE #2 - Life has gotten busy but I will return post a family emergency. Back to the hosptial! 4/28/2009

Sunday, November 23, 2008

SIDE: Cloverleaf Rolls

Cloverleaf Rolls:
While I'm not a baker I happen to love my breadmaker and what comes out of it is wonderful. That's why I always end up making the rolls for our Thanksgiving meal.

Ingredients
1 cup lukewarm water
1 large egg
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter
3/4 tsp salt
3-1/2 cups flour
3 tsp yeast

Glaze
1 large egg
1 tbsp water

Measure ingredients into breadmaker pan in the order listed started with lukewarm water and ending with yeast. Be sure to make a small well in the flour to place the yeast into. Set bread maker to dough setting.

When dough setting is complete remove pan from breadmaker. On a lightly floured surface turn out dough. With floured hands shape the dough into a large ball. Divide into three equal parts and roll into balls.

Using one of the three dough balls; divide the ball into six pieces. Taking one of the six balls; divide into three smaller balls and place all three balls into one of 24 greased muffin cups. Repeat the process with the remaining five balls. Then repeat the entire process over again with the remaining two largest dough balls.

Cover dough in muffing tins with a clean cloth and allow to rise 30 to 45 minutes. Stir together egg and water for glaze. Brush tops of raised rolls with glaze. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Make 24 cloverleaf rolls.

No comments: