UPDATE:

Hello - I'm a bit behind because my job has me out of town but I will be updating with more recipes very soon. Thank you for your patience.

Weekly Sustenence Chef (2/28/2009)

UPDATE: I'm just two weeks behind now (If you count this week). Hang in there!

UPDATE #2 - Life has gotten busy but I will return post a family emergency. Back to the hosptial! 4/28/2009

Sunday, November 23, 2008

SIDE: Cranberry Orange Jello Salad

Cranberry Orange Jello Salad:
This is a great combination of tart and sweet. The first time I made this I spent most of the meal dishing out second and third helpings that my plate got cold. Now I preserve this dish on salad plates before our meal so I can get a few bites in.

Ingredients
1 pkg (3 oz) cranberry or raspberry gelatin
2-1/4 cups boiling water, divided
1 can whole cranberries
1 pkg (3 oz) orange gelatin
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup whipped topping
1/3 cup sour cream

Open canned cranberries and mash. In a bow, dissolve cranberry gelatin in 1-1/4 cups boiling water. Stir in cranberries. Pour into a 7-cup ring mold coated with non-stick cooking spray; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 1 hour.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in pineapple. Chill until thickened but not set, about 1 hour.

Combine the whipped topping and sour cream; fold into orange mixture. Spoon gently over top of cranberry layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm. When ready to serve, draw a sink full of hot water. Dip the mold gently into the water bath keeping the rim of the jello mold above water. gently twist the mold to see if the gelatin begins to separate from the sides. Remove from water bath. Place the serving plate upside down over top of the gelatin mold and quickly flip the plate and mold over so that the serving plate is right side up. Gelatin should unmold. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.

*Can be made one day ahead

No comments: