UPDATE:

Hello - I'm a bit behind because my job has me out of town but I will be updating with more recipes very soon. Thank you for your patience.

Weekly Sustenence Chef (2/28/2009)

UPDATE: I'm just two weeks behind now (If you count this week). Hang in there!

UPDATE #2 - Life has gotten busy but I will return post a family emergency. Back to the hosptial! 4/28/2009

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Meal: Chicken and Noodles

Chicken and Noodles:
My grandma was known for her chicken and noodles but we were never able to get her recipe. I came up with this recipe. I know it's no where near her made-from-scratch recipe but it's very tasty on a cold day

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
4 medium carrots, diced
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp dried thyme or 2 sprigs fresh
2 tsp dried marjoram or 1 tsp fresh, minced
2 tsp tarragon or 2 sprigs fresh, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
4 cans low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
8 oz dried Kluski noodles
2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water

1-2 cup water, as needed

In a large stock pot heat oil; add in onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook until onions just turn translucent. Add in garlic through chicken. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add in noodles. Cook for 16 to 18 minutes. As noodles cook the broth will begin to be absorbed; add in 1-2 cups water to desired consistency; return to boil. In the last 2-3 minutes of noodles cooking stir in cornstarch and water mixture a bit at a time, bringing the broth to desired thickness. Serve in bowls and with Cloverleaf Rolls.

No comments: