UPDATE:

Hello - I'm a bit behind because my job has me out of town but I will be updating with more recipes very soon. Thank you for your patience.

Weekly Sustenence Chef (2/28/2009)

UPDATE: I'm just two weeks behind now (If you count this week). Hang in there!

UPDATE #2 - Life has gotten busy but I will return post a family emergency. Back to the hosptial! 4/28/2009

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Meal: Crock Pot Chicken Divan

Crock Pot Chicken Divan:
This is a play off of the traditional Chicken Divan. I serve it with hot white rice rather than noodles; it just seems to pair better.

Ingredients
2 10-oz packages of frozen broccoli spears
3 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
1-3 tbsp curry powder, as desired
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 small onion diced
2 tbsp flour

white rice, cooked

In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients except chicken and rice. Place frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour mixture into ceramic crock pot over top of chicken breasts. Cover and cook on the low setting for 7 to 9 hours (or on high for 2 to 3 hours)

When ready to serve, place chicken breasts over hot rice. Spoon sauce over top.

Rival Crock Pot Cooking, 1975

No comments: